About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, November 2, 2018

Sleep Away*College*Rehab

There are times in our lives when we have to leave a loved one in a place that is right for them, even if they are not happy at first. When my children were young, I sent them to sleepaway camp. As I put them on the bus, I could see the fear in their faces. I reassured them. I said that it would only be for a few weeks. They would make friends. I was just doing what was right for them. Then came college. As the dorm room was set up, I could see the anxiety in their faces. I reassured them. It was only for a few years and they would be home on many breaks and the summers. They would make friends. I was only doing what was best for their futures. Then came rehab for my father. As we arrived there, I could see sadness in his face. I had to reassure him. It was only for a few weeks. He would make friends. I was only doing what was best for him. No matter how old you are or in what stage of life you are at, a new environment is daunting. You just need to go hour by hour and you will adjust and be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment