About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, December 2, 2019

Peasant Remedies

I am up and dressed and ready to go to work this morning. I feel better than I have for the past four days. Normally when I get a terrible cold it lasts for at least two weeks. I take antihistamine, decongestant, guaifenesin, and sometimes antibiotics. There are usually at least two doctor visits thrown into the mix. When I got sick this week, I decided to go old school. I would treat my ailment the way they did in the 1800's in Russia. I lived on a diet of porridge for breakfast and soup for my one other meal. During the day I sipped hot water. I did not use a tea bag, it was just boiling hot water. Each day I felt a bit better. Today is day four and I am feeling pretty good. Maybe all of the medicines we take so flippantly are not the best thing for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment