About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Authoritative

Yesterday I was at the deli counter of my local Stop and Shop. There were 6 people on line and two counter people slicing the cold cuts. Two other people were attending to the chickens and salads. One woman on line looked like she might have been a school teacher. She had a stern but kind face and demeanor. After a few minutes, she called over the man working on the salads. In a soft but firm voice she said that there were six people on line and that filling the orders was more important than adding salads to an already full dish. He looked at her and said , "Yes Ma'am". He got on a pair of gloves and began to take the orders. Within a few minutes there was no longer a line and he went back to his salads. I gave her credit for seeing a problem and finding a solution instead of complaining to the other people on line.

No comments:

Post a Comment