About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Freedom Of Speech

Is there still freedom of speech? Every day I read an article of someone being reprimanded for speaking their mind. As long as they are speaking the truth, aren't they entitled to free speech? Facebook and Twitter have added a new variable into the idea that we are free ( or not free) to speak our mind. I am not talking about slander, I am talking about facts and feelings. Just today, I read an article about a waitress being fired for posting on Facebook about not being tipped on a large bill. It was a fact and it was her feelings. Did the restaurant have a right to terminate her? Why are some people allowed to show their dismay by protests and riots, but other hard working individuals expected to just suck it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment