About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Old Friends

Simon and Garfunkel sing a song titled "Old Friends". It is a sweet song about old friends sitting in the park reminiscing about their lives. I sometimes listen to it on my way to work and it has a calming effect. Last night I played Mah Jongg with my sister and 2 friends. We had taken a few months off due to certain circumstances and have finally resumed the game. We have been playing since we were in our thirties and now we are all in our sixties. Instead of talking about our children we talk about our grandchildren.
To us we are the same girls but to the world we are older ladies. That's not the way we feel. How did we go from thirty to sixty so fast? One of the verses from the song is:

Can you imagine us
Years from today
Sharing a park bench quietly?
How terribly strange
To be seventy

Where did the time go? My mother always says that she looks in the mirror and wants to know who that old lady is. I never understood how she felt. Now I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment