About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, February 9, 2018

IT

Since we are now living in a cyber world, my boss has decided to take out a cyber security insurance policy. She had the application sent to me and I printed it out to begin to fill out the form. I filled out the company name, address and telephone number. I moved on to the number of employees and the annual sales numbers. Then I got to section three. There were thirty eight specific questions regarding computer technology. Do we have an SIC? Are we encrypted in transit or in real time? Are our metatags monitored by proper protocol? Do we have GSPP or AMFR? The questions went on and on and I had no idea what they were asking. I called over one of the doctors who is in charge of web things. She looked at it and suggested that we have an IT person come to the office to see exactly where we stand. I agreed and called my boss. As soon as I mentioned an IT person, she flew into a rage. She thinks that I should get the answers. I said that I have no computer technology background and feel that I cannot get her correct answers. She said that I needed to research the specifics. I said no, but I would call the insurance company to ask their opinion. I called them and explained that I did not know how to answer the questions and they asked my why I was even trying. These are questions for the IT department. I explained that we do not have an IT department and they suggested that we contact an IT person. I requested that they call my boss and tell her that she needed a professional to give her the correct information. I will never fill out an insurance form with "educated guesses". If my boss does not like it, tough luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment