About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Copier

Last night one of the interns from my office called me. She wanted to know where a certain insurance policy was kept. This is the third time this month that my boss has had the office call me for this information. It would be easier if my boss just knew where her things were kept, but that is another story. I told the intern that the papers were in the drawer under the Xerox machine in a folder labeled "Insurance". She did not respond, so again I repeated that the papers were in a drawer under the Xerox machine. After a moment she asked, "What is a Xerox machine?". I thought she was joking. I said, "The Xerox machine by the window". Again, silence. Then I acted like a grandma and used an alternative word so a child could understand. I said "the copy machine". She then understood what I was talking about. How could a student with her Master's Degree, not know the word Xerox?

No comments:

Post a Comment