About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, January 16, 2020

On Sale

Is there such a thing as "on sale"? I think a better term would be "less profit". If an item can be sold on Monday for $10, Tuesday for $7 and then on Wednesday for $10 again, it means the value is probably about $3. A company never sells at a loss unless they are liquidating. A sale means they want to move the item out of the store and make room for another one. I was watching the Jewelry Channel last night and they were showcasing a ring. The price was $599 on sale for $349. Then the designer wrote a number on a paper and showed the host. After a minute or two of pretend arguing, he showed the paper and his price said $197. The host looked shocked and they continued to "bicker" about the new price. Finally the host gave in and said that since the designer said the price on air she would have to sell it at that price. Really? Those two deserved an Academy Award. It looked so staged but I am sure that people fell for it. To me, it means the ring's value is $75 and that the so called original price of $599 was almost robbery.

No comments:

Post a Comment