About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Reverse Instincts

I went against my normal instincts and hired a new receptionist yesterday. I decided to limit the number of people I called for interviews and started off with two. One was yesterday and one was supposed to be today. The girl from yesterday arrived on time and was very nice. My usual routine would be to interview the other candidate and then make a decision. I learned over the years that people are unreliable when it comes to interviewing. The woman scheduled for today was an older woman and seemed so sincere about wanting the job. On the spur of the moment I hired the young girl. I figured that I could interview the second candidate this morning and if she was good, I could keep her resume for another opening. She did not have to know the job was already filled. Last night my office called me to say that the woman I was supposed to see today cancelled the interview. It was nice of her to call and just not show up. In the end, I made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment