About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Penny Wise, Pita Foolish

Today is our annual holiday work party. We could not find a good date to have it in December, so it was pushed off until now. It should have been pushed off until next December. We used to have a pot luck luncheon, but no one wants to cook anymore. We decided to collect $10 each and cater in. We wanted to have Greek food and that is where the problem began. Last week I called a local Greek restaurant and figured out the menu. I only had $130 to work with and managed to stay exactly within the budget. We would buy our own salad, soda and hummus from the supermarket. Yesterday I called the place to formalize the order. I spoke to the owner and he said the pita bread was not included. I said that I was told it was. He said it would be $20. I said that if I spent $20 on pita bread I could not order the food. He said he had to charge. I said goodbye. Next I called another place that told me they would take the order, price it out on an "Excel spread sheet" and get back to me with the quote. I am ordering meat and potatoes. That does not call for a spreadsheet. After four more calls I finally got a nice guy who worked with me and even said the three magic words, "Cash no tax". Hopefully, it will taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment