About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Extraction

My husband had a toothache. He went to his regular dentist and was told that his back molar had a crack in the root and would need to be removed. He was sent to an oral surgeon a few miles away. I made sure that they accepted his dental insurance. The oral surgeon did x-rays and said they would take out the tooth. Then he explained that he was also doing a bone graft and an implant. My husband immediately called me. Why is he getting a bone graft and implant? He only wanted the tooth taken out. I had him put the dental assistant on and asked her if there was an extra fee for all of the "fancy" stuff they intended to do. She said the extraction was free because they participated in the plan. The graft was $750 and the implant $2000. I told her that my husband only wanted his tooth pulled and that he did not want to make a $3000 decision on the spot. They said if he didn't agree to the implant, they would refuse to pull his tooth. He would not agree, so he went home with his tooth and an antibiotic. The only thing the dentist really wanted to extract was $3000 from my bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment