About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

A Mother

Having a mother is something we all take for granted. She is someone who is always there and has our best interest at heart. She is someone we can share life's accomplishments with and someone we can cry to when times are rough. I have a good friend who lost her mother when she was 20 years old. My friend is now 30. I see how the loss of a mother has affected her. She has no siblings so that makes it worse. She is not in a relationship and has no real family except for her father. I have become her shoulder to cry on and her person to share her accomplishments with. Yesterday she was upset and called me in tears. I sat and listened to her sob for about a half hour. I did not need to say much of anything, as all she needed was to know that I was on the other end of the phone. When she got it all out, she took a deep breath and felt better. She said that just listening to her was what her mother would have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment