About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Good Advice

Nobody in the world knows it all. I have learned over the years that asking for advice is for your own benefit. I have been making greeting scrolls as gifts for friends and family. I give them instead of greeting cards and as keepsakes. I decided that I wanted to sell them on the Etsy website, which is a site for crafters,  but I knew nothing about how to go about doing it. My sister in law sells customized boxes and picture frames (and so much more I cannot list) on the Etsy site. Her items sell well because they are beautiful and well made. She uses ribbons to embellish the items, thus the name of her shop is "RibbonMade". (www.etsy.com/shop/RibbonMade). I showed her my items and listened intently as she gave me her feedback. She was right on target with all of her advice. She pointed out things that I never would have realized. I had my own personal "Shark". She was even kind enough to design a web page banner for me. That gesture was extra special as she is also a professional commercial artist. I will do the work and set up my shop and hope for the best. Her advice was worth a million. Thanks, Barbara!

No comments:

Post a Comment