About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Even Dogs Know

How we react to people depends on the "vibes" that we are given. We act calmly when surrounded by a calm person and we act agitated when surrounded by an irritable person. Human beings are wired that way. Apparently, so are dogs. I live next to a very aggressive Labrador retriever. When I walk Shelby, this dog bolts at us, as if he is on the attack. He bares his teeth and growls. Shelby then retaliates by barking and jumping. Most days, I slowly scan the yard to see if Milo is there. Once the coast is clear, we venture into the yard. On Father's Day, the next door neighbor on the other side of my yard had a cousin that was visiting and he brought his dog. It was a very large Boxer. Four times the size of Shelby. I had no idea that the dog was in the yard when I went out. After I was midway into the yard, standing at the fence, this huge dog slowly walked over. Shelby slowly walked to meet him. They both stood silently at the fence touching noses and wagging their tails. It was so cute to see. Two dogs, just being friends. It just goes to show you that even dogs react well to good behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment