About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Real Oldies

I went to a concert in the park the other night. It starred 4 "oldies" doo wop groups. I had never heard of two of them although they said they had top 20 hits. The headline group was wonderful. They still had strong voices and sang on key. The other groups were not too good. One in particular was terrible. The men shuffled out onto stage and looked like they were almost 80 years old, which sounds right if their hits were in 1959. Their voices were quivering and they
could not hold a note. They looked strained as they tried to sway to the music. Maybe they were swaying because they were having trouble standing without assistance. I wondered if the town had even auditioned them before hiring them. Sometimes we need to know when we can no longer do what we love and just enjoy what we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment