About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Little Man

I saw a transition over the weekend. My grandson went from infant to toddler. Since the day he was born, I experienced each phase he went through with different eyes than I had with my children. The accomplishments that I took for granted with my children became milestones for him. Last night we went out to eat with him, as we have done almost every weekend since he was born. He used to sit in the infant car seat, then in his mother's arms. He was not strong enough to sit in the wooden high chairs that most restaurants provide. He would slip and slide in them. I bought a great travel highchair for him that looks like the top half of his real one. We used it for the first time last night. He sat across from me eating his baby food when he spotted his mother's mashed potatoes. He opened his mouth wide like he wanted them. She fed him mashed potatoes for the first time and he loved them. He sat like a little man for the entire dinner, eating and giggling. That is the moment when I saw the transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment