About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, June 27, 2014

Scammers

I was walking out of the grocery store yesterday when a couple in their late 30's approached me. They had a gas can in their hand. They told me that their car was in the parking lot and they had run out of gas and asked if I could  give them a few dollars so they could put gas in their tank. Of course I said no. Number one, who travels with a gas can in their car? The last time anyone did that was during Hurricane Sandy. I figured that they were thinking if they asked for a few dollars from multiple people, they would make enough money for whatever they intended it for. I got in my car and started to pull away as I saw them approach other people. I passed by them again, rolled down my window and offered a suggestion. I told them that I would be glad to call the police for them, as police will always help out people in need. They looked a bit panicked but said that was not necessary. I left the lot and then called the store manager. He said he would take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment