About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

I was up with the birds this morning, cooking a 24 pound turkey. The other turkey is being cooked a mile away at my sister's house. This is my year for hosting Thanksgiving and there will be 28 guests. I was expecting 41 so I am a bit relieved. It is my favorite holiday of the year, but this time I am a bit sad. My sons will not be here with me. One lives 300 miles away and the other one has to work. When you are in law enforcement, there are no holidays. Even if you have the day off, it is taken away and you are forced to work. I am cooking and preparing and before I know it the guests will arrive. I am sure that when the house is full of happy people, I will get into the right frame of mind. Holidays are about family and two of the most important ones in my life will be spending the day without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment