About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Distracted

Everywhere I go, people are distracted. They sit in waiting rooms looking down at their phones. They walk in the street not even focusing on where they are. They are in a restaurant with other people and their attention is not with the live people in front of them, but with the virtual people in their phone. Real time experiences no longer matter. Pings, beeps, ringtones and video messages are the reality. I was at a doctor's office last week and three friends sat in a line next to each other. They were all texting, scrolling and trying to have a conversation with each other. No one ever looked up. The emotion was not there. For all I know, they might have also been texting each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment