About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Efficient Hours

The best way to have something run efficiently is to do the job and make decisions based upon your findings. In my office, my boss likes to do the reverse. We have a job opening for a work load that starts in the early morning and must be attended to immediately. The administrative doctor and I decided to make the hours 11am-4pm which would cover most of the day. My boss decided to make the hours 3pm-8pm. That makes no sense. If a patient needs to change their appointment time for that day, by the time the worker comes in, the appointment time has passed. If a patient needs their medication, they would need to go to pick it up in the evening, when it will be called in. There is no rationality to her thinking. Since I turned 62, I have a relaxed attitude with my job. If that is what she wants, that is what she gets. When problems arise, I will look at her with a smirk on my face and ask he how she wants the problem solved. This all reverts back to "Smart vs Bright".

No comments:

Post a Comment