About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Privacy

We all like our privacy, but sometimes due to circumstances it needs to be invaded. It might not be what you want but it is what you need. As senior citizens age, their ability to be self sufficient dwindles. At some point, a healthcare aide is necessary. They never think it is. They see it as a sign of defeat. They never see it as a sign of caring. My circle of friends all have the same problem when an aide is hired. People that have never complained become complainers but what they are unhappy with is minutia. The story is always the same. The aide reads, she watched television, she talks on the phone and she eats our food. These are not offenses, they are normal activities. What are the aides expected to do all day? The majority of them are kind and caring and have the patience of a saint. I sometimes feel that I am losing patience and I love my parents more than anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment