About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

What Were They Thinking

As I drove down I-95 yesterday it was smooth sailing until we got to a mall area. The traffic slowed to a crawl for a mile or two and then freed up again. It was the usual December 26 day of gift returning. The "what were they thinking" thoughts hanging in people's minds. About 60% of gifts are right on target. The rest break down like this: 15% are "Wow, I really love this. They thought out of the box and nailed it", 15% are "I guess they like these types of gifts so they though I would too" and the last 10% are the "WTF, why would they buy this for me? Now I have to go to the mall and wait on line to return it or get a gift card if I can't find the receipt." Before that is done, we all take a moment and think if there is any upcoming celebration so that we can pawn these gifts onto another person. Another happy holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment