About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Bake Sale

Today is the first day I start to rebuild the life I have known for 62 years. A life without my mother. Shiva is done, the people are gone but the cake remains. I have enough to have a bake sale. Every mourner brought cake. If you do the math, I have fifty cakes at least, some of them large platters. Last night we divided it up. Some went to family, some to friends and some will be brought to everyone's work place. This morning, the hospital where my husband volunteers will be the recipient of three large platters. In a way, that makes me smile. My mother loved cakes and cookies. Maybe that was why she was so sweet. Now many people will join her, in memory, by eating the cakes and cookies that were given to us with kind wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment