About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Free Ear

Does therapy really help? Yesterday I was talking to one of our long time patients. She has been coming to my office two times a week since I have been there which is going on 15 years. That adds up to about 1500 therapy sessions. Even though she is in her 50's, she is on Medicare. She still works part time and is very personable. Her visits are free because of Medicare so she does not have to worry about paying. At this point it seems like she is having a visit with a friend. She comes in, chats and leaves. What could her therapy goal be if after 1500 sessions she has not met it? We have quite a few patients that are long term like her. For some people, therapy is just an hour of talking to someone, like most people do with a friend or family. It is a free ear to listen to you. Is a million dollars of listening time worth it to the taxpayers?

No comments:

Post a Comment