About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Let It Bea

Yesterday was my mother's funeral. All things considered, it was a beautiful day. The weather was a perfect 72 degrees with a mild breeze. Family and friends were there to give their last respects. She looked as beautiful in death as she had in life. She looked like my mother again and not the frail woman I had been looking at for the past few weeks. My last vision of her was with her hair done the way she always wore it and her makeup perfect. I had requested that her nails be polished the color that I had always put on her when I did her monthly manicure. My request was granted. For some reason it was very important to me to see her hands look good. I guess it was because giving her manicures and pedicures was our time to talk and bond. At the Shiva yesterday, my brother in law said that today's blog should be titled, "Let It Bea", in memory of her name. He really hit the nail on the head. That phrase summed her up so well. She always did "let things be". She was not a fighter. She was kind and forgiving. Unimportant things did not rile her up. If there was a choice to be angry or upset at a situation, she would take the kind route and let it be. She will be forever missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment