About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, June 24, 2018

The Sign

When a loved one passes, we all look for a sign that they are with us. For the past few days, I have been saying to my sister that I have no idea what our sign will be. Some people have butterflies and others have dimes. Some have birds that come to their window. I was not looking for a sign so soon, but still had no idea how I would know. Before my mother died, she had a mark on her cheek. It was a red blood spot that she kept picking at, without thinking. My sister and I would constantly say, "Stop picking" and a moment later she would do it again. It became a running routine. This morning I went to get more milk and I left the house without any makeup on. I turned on the car and looked in the sunvisor mirror. Out of nowhere I saw a red blood spot on my cheek in the exact same place where her's was. It just appeared. A minute later the car radio started to play the Aretha Franklin song, " I Say A Little Prayer For You". The first line is, "Each morning I wake up, before I put on my makeup, I say a little prayer for you". Was it a sign or just my mind playing a trick on me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment