About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, September 16, 2019

Family Reunion

Yesterday I went with my father to the cemetery to visit my mother. Before my sister and I drove him back home, we passed by to pray for her and remember the wonderful life she had. My father was not sure if he could do this as it is too heart wrenching for him. He realized that if he did not go, it would make him sadder in the long run. When we arrived at the cemetery, it was crowded with funerals so we decided to walk to her gravesite instead of driving to it. We walked the 2 blocks and saw a car approaching and then stopping. The people got out to visit their loved ones.We arrived at her site a minute later and as expected, my father broke down in tears. He was so distraught that my sister and I walked away for a moment to let him have some private time with my mother. As we did that, we heard a voice call my father's name. Walking towards us was my cousin and her family. She was always my father's favorite great niece. The tears dried up and were replaced with a smile. We talked for a while and she said that this is not her usual time or day of the week to come see her mother, my father's niece, who lived in his house prior to his marrying my mother. I just knew that my mother set the timing for the visit, knowing that my father would need to be relieved of his sorrow, if only for a short time. I looked up at the sky and said, "Thanks Mom". At that instant my phone rang with the special ringtone song that usually plays in my car when I need a sign that my mother is with me. It was a call from an unknown number and when I answered it no one was there. My sister then put her hand in her pocketbook to find something and a dime fell into it. That is her sign from my mother. Here is the question: Were these coincidences or signs from above that she is watching over us? I am 100% sure of the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment