About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Sechel

There is a Yiddish word "Sechel". It means common sense and using your brain. There was an incident in work this weekend where sechel would have come in handy. After a new receptionist is there a few weeks, I give her the key to the office and the alarm code and verbal instructions on how to lock up. My boss called me yesterday to ask who left the office open all weekend. When her private cleaner came Sunday morning, the door was not locked. I asked the Saturday receptionist if she walked out without locking the door. She said yes. I asked why. She said that someone else told her that a cleaning crew comes in after hours to clean the office so there was no need to lock up since they would only be opening up later on. I asked her if that made sense. If she left the door open, anyone in the building could come in and steal equipment from us. There could be a time span of hours from when she left and the cleaners arrived. She said she never thought about it because she was listening to someone who was there longer than her. Upon asking the other receptionist, I was told the same thing. How dumb were these two girls to leave a doctor's office open for anyone to pilfer? From now on, I guess I have to talk to people like they are idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment