About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Tombstones

I was reading an article about funny tombstones. When you think of it, an inscription on a tombstone is a blurb that sums up your entire life. Most people just stick to name, date and family status. John Doe, 1920-1999, Husband, Father, Grandfather. Cut and dry, no room for thought. Some people choose to go the other route. They want to make people smile, think and wonder. Who was this person? Why were they special? They seem to want to evoke an emotion from beyond the grave. I began to think what I would want on my tombstone, if I wanted to stray from the usual etchings. I would like my inscription to read, "She was nice to everyone. Look where it got her".

No comments:

Post a Comment