About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Priorities

The words busy and priorities go hand in hand. If someone is too busy to help you out, it just shows where you fall on their list of priorities. I see this with children of elderly parents. My sister and I do everything in our power to make our father the number one priority in our lives. Nothing is too hard or too time consuming to do if it helps him out. Since my mother got sick, we have never once said no to anything that was asked of us. Truth be told, we volunteered to do even more than was asked. We do it with a full heart and a smile on our faces. In comparison, I have a friend whose elderly mother lives with her. She has a sister who always seems too busy to help out in even the smallest of ways. She has a "ne'er do well" husband who agrees with her selfish ways. The other day, I heard my friend tell her mother that her sister should rot in hell. If her sister had her priorities straight, those words would have never been uttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment