About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, June 5, 2020

Sleep

This morning my sister texted me saying, "U up"? I laughed. Being up, would have meant that I slept. The text should have said, "Are you still up"? I am finding out that a human being can survive on no sleep for 40 years. By "no sleep", I mean very little, not peaceful, tossing and turning and just a state of mental unrest. Each night, I think that tonight will be the night that I lay my head down on a pillow and fall into this thing called sleep. Each morning, I realize that the elusive sleep was not meant to be. Last night, my mind was too awake from watching every online site that showed protesters. I switched from The Patch, to Google Map to traffic cameras to the news. I needed to see from every angle, that the tone of 4,000 people was calm. I have a vested interest in the calmness. I waited for the "all safe" signal. Once I got it, my mind was still in active protective motion. Maybe tonight I will sleep. Ok, who am I kidding?

No comments:

Post a Comment