About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cold Day, Hot Soup

Years ago, I fould a recipe for Lobster Bisque. It was extremely easy but tasted like it was from a restaurant. Every time I make it, I set aside a portion for my sister. Yesterday one of my friends asked for it. I decided to give the recipe to everyone as it is so good and so easy. I am making it for lunch today.


Lobster Bisque
Cook Time 15 minutes
Makes 4 cups
Ingredients:
1 to 2 cups cooked crab or lobster or shrimp or imitation seafood
1/3 cup dry sherry (or Marsala or white wine) Cooking wine is good too.
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons flour
3 cups milk (even skim milk is good, just simmer a bit longer for it to thicken)
1 teaspoon steak or Worcester sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
In small bowl combine seafood and wine and set aside
In a medium saucepan over a low heat, melt butter. Blend in flour and cook stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add milk stirring constantly.  Continue cooking and stirring until mixture is thickened; stir in steak sauce and salt and pepper. Add the marinated seafood with whatever wine remains, cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. 
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment