About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Nook

I love to read. Years ago I belonged to a book group. As I get older, I find that I read less and less. My eyes strain to see the print and the pages seem so dark. For the holidays I received an Amazon gift card and decided to by myself a Nook Reader. I ordered it Sunday and it arrived yesterday. I charged it and began the set up phase. I needed to connect to the internet to register the Nook and begin downloading books. I tried my Verizon password and it would not connect. After trying ten times I called Verizon. They tried also but to no avail. I then called the Nook help line. They also tried but nothing would connect. I was at a standstill. Then the Nook representative said in order to fix the issue I need to do an update from the web. How do I update from the web if I cannot get on the web? After going back and forth a few times he said I have to go to the Barnes and Noble store and they will set it up for me. It was now 6pm and freezing outside but I wanted to use my new Nook. I got into the car and drove to the nearest B and N store. I did not have to put on the heat in the car as I was fuming with steam coming out of my ears. A new product should work properly from the start. I got to the store and a nice man registered the Nook in 5 minutes and gave me a lesson on how it works. I downloaded a book and got a coupon for some free books too. I went home and began reading. I love the new reader but wish that we started off our relationship in a better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment