About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, January 27, 2014

School Lunch

I work four days a week. I take my lunch to work on two days and order in the other two. My staff got into a conversation about school lunch when we were little. We reminisced about the smoky bathrooms in high school. We laughed about the sulphate smell when a hard boiled egg scent mixed with a brown paper bag. Then, we got to the tuna sandwiches and found that we were divided into two groups. The ones that hated the wet spot in the center of the white bread after the sandwich sat in our lunch bag for 4 hours and those who loved the wet spot so much that we saved it for our last bite. It was a 2:1 ratio of wet spot lovers to wet spot haters, with the 2 representing the ones who loved it. I was in that group.I rarely have a sandwich like that any more because I eat my tuna sandwich as soon as I make it or put it into the refrigerator at work as soon as I get in. One day I will let it sit in my drawer for 4 hour just to create the wet tuna spot, for old times.

No comments:

Post a Comment