About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Minutia

I am a person that pays attention to minutia. I can easily gloss over major discrepancies, but I tend to focus in on the little things. If I am watching a television program and they show the outside of the character's house, in my mind when they show the inside scenes, I try to match up the windows. If they do not match up, it bothers me. Last week I watched a Barbra Streisand concert on public television. It was a two hour concert that was supposed to feel as if you were watching it live. It started off well until midway through a song I saw a slight change in her jewelry. Her ring was missing. One verse it was there and the next it was not. Well, that now opened up a Pandora's box. For the next 2 hours, all I focused in on was the jewelry and clothing discrepancies. One outfit had a white camisole then it was a black camisole. One scene she had on a pinky ring and the next scene it was gone. I lost the continuity of the show because I now felt that they patched it together. I like consistency. It just feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment