About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

A Fitting Name

The other day as I was leaving my house, I saw a young woman from down the block chasing her dog. The dog was a beautiful black and white mix and was fairly large. As she walked towards him, he ran further away. When he saw me he stopped and walked on my lawn. I tried to coax him to the porch to grab onto him so she could retrieve him but he realized what was happening and ran off. After a few minutes of her chasing him, she just gave up and went back home. When the dog saw her leave, he turned around and slowly walked back home. I guess he realized that the game was over. When I drove past her house on the way to work, I slowed down and waved. I called out to the woman and asked what the dog's name was. She responded, "Chase". She should have named him, "Stay". 

No comments:

Post a Comment