About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, June 9, 2017

Showdown to No Down

The office meeting that was two weeks in the making has come and gone. I was prepared to speak my mind when confronted with anything that I did not agree with. The new doctor had been harassing my staff and confronted me last week when a staff member forgot her schedule and never showed up. I spoke my mind and she told my boss that she was appalled at what I said to her, because she is "a doctor". I am too old to cow tow to inappropriate behavior no matter who it comes from. This meeting was to clear the air. I was well rehearsed but no one said anything to me. When push came to shove the new doctor was afraid to face me. She sat in the room across from me and looked like a scared rabbit. When my boss asked her if she had anything to say she nodded her head no. At that moment, I knew who had the upper hand. I planned on being stern and strong but I had no idea that my opponent would cower. I am the Alpha dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment