About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Proofed

Every morning I write this blog. Almost every morning my sister proof reads it. Even though I read and reread it, some errors of spelling or grammar still slide by. My mind reads what I intend to say and not what I actually write. Years ago there was an experiment. People were given a paragraph to read out loud. Each person read it perfectly. They were asked to read it again and they read it perfectly the second time. Then the researcher asked them to read it slowly individual word for individual word. That is when they realized that many small key words were missing. There were missing "a's" and "ands" and "buts". The mind fills in what is normally supposed to be there and keeps things flowing. That is why there are proofreaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment