About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, March 23, 2018

Copies

I have learned one very important thing at work. Always make a copy of what you do. The copy is not for my sake but for the sake of the doctors that misplace theirs. If I am asked to give someone information and I do so, how hard is it for them to keep the information in a safe place? If I did not have my own copy, I would need to do the research again and waste my time. This same scenario has played out throughout the many years that I have been working. Just yesterday, it happened again. My boss is traveling to Israel in a few weeks and asked me to file a global entry border patrol application for her. This would allow her to bypass US customs. It was a ten page questionnaire that she really should have filled out by herself because I did not have all of the information. How am I supposed to know the month and year she bought her house? I filled out the form and submitted it online. I made a copy for myself and made one for her. It was her responsibility to open the email to get an interview date once the background check was completed. Last night I got a frantic text. She never got an email with a date and lost her copy of the application. I called my office and had them get my copy out of my files. Today since I am off,  I will have someone call and figure it out. At what point do people take responsibility for their own lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment