About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Cutting Board

Yesterday after the tree fell, the town came out to clean up the part that was their responsibility. My yard backs up onto a dead end street so  part of the tree was on town property. The excavator trucks came and tried to pull the tree out of my yard but it was too heavy, so they just concentrated on the part that they needed to cut in order to clear the roadway.The remainder of the tree will be taken away by my neighbor's tree service. As they town workers were slicing the tree, a woman from down the block of the dead end street came up to them. I did not hear what she was saying but it looked like a friendly conversations. They got back to work and I saw them slicing thinner pieces of the tree trunk. Then I saw them put them in front of her house. It seems that since the tree was going to be cut up anyway, she asked them to slice her a few cutting boards. Tree cutting boards are expensive and she took the opportunity to take advantage of a bad situation and come out of it with a few gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment