About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, March 1, 2018

The Cake

Sometimes a cake is not just a cake. Yesterday was my parent's 65th anniversary and we decided to celebrate at the hospital. We bought a sheet cake and had it decorated with purple lettering and flowers. The reason for the color purple was that my parent's wedding song was "Deep Purple". As soon as my mother saw the cake, she knew why we chose that color. We gathered all of the staff and my mother's roommate and set up in the lunchroom. One nurse put out a white table cloth. Another got the vase of flowers from my mother's room and used it as a centerpiece. My sister had brought along my parent's wedding photo and a recording of their wedding song. We took many photos. My mother looked beautiful. Her hair was styled and she had makeup on. Everyone sang "Happy Anniversary" and the song echoed down the hallway. My parents cut the cake and we served it to everyone. My mother was the queen of the day. We all ate the cake and reminisced about good things. People that were passing the room stopped in for a piece of cake. After about one hour, my mother was off to physical therapy and we cleaned up and went home. When we called her later in the evening, she said that it was such a beautiful day and she was so happy. One cake make the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment