About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Confusing Address

Yesterday my husband decided to go to the cemetery to visit his family. He found papers with their "address" so we did not think they would be hard to locate.We got to the cemetery, found the right street and then the fun began. The papers said the section and row, but there were no markings that stated any sections or rows. The hunt was on. We walked up and down each row through weeds. I was actually calling out their names as if they would speak to me. Finally, we found them. Anna and Willy. We talked for a while and I filled them in on the family. We placed rocks on the stone. While other stones had many rocks, Anna and Willy's had none. I do not think anyone had been there in a while. I had not been there since the funeral 34 years ago. Then my husband wanted to visit his uncle and aunt in a nearby cemetery. The second hunt began. It was just like the first. No clear sections and no clear rows. I was not too invested in finding these people as I had a bone to pick with them. When we found them, I gave them a piece of my mind. Dead or not, they needed to know. They also had no rocks on their stones which showed that none of their "beloved" family has gone to see them. The person that finally did go to see them was the one that was disrespected at the funeral. Ironic and sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment