About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Peer Pressure

No matter how old you are or in what profession there will always be peer pressure. A few of my doctors are taking a certification course this week. There are about 80 other doctors from the New York area taking it with them. Mid day yesterday my director called me to say that other people were telling her that they bill the insurance companies for their unlicensed doctors and are being paid. I said that we cannot do that as unlicensed doctors are not billable. She said that everyone was arguing with her that she is wrong. After we finished the conversation I called the New York State Educational Licensing Department and asked them that question. They said in no uncertain terms that it is illegal to bill for non licensed providers and anyone who is doing that is putting their own license in jeopardy. I knew I was correct but my director's peer pressure made me make the call. She now can go back and tell her "friends" that she was right and if they disagree they can call the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment