About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, May 27, 2016

What Were You Thinking?

I got a call from my office last night. A patient had called in for their telephone therapy session. For some reason it was not on the doctor's schedule as it had been a last minute change. This rarely happens. The doctor was in the office and had the time slot open but said she could not accommodate the patient. That is when I got the call. I asked the front staff why the doctor could not take the call. They said that she was exercising on the stairwell as she does each night. Really? Choosing exercise over a patient? If I was there I would have been in the stairwell pulling the doctor off of the steps by her hair and dragging her into the office to do her job. This doctor is a genius, an author and a very talented woman but she sometimes lacks common sense. I asked to speak to the administrator who was still in work. I told her to go to the stairwell and make the doctor come inside. I told her to give the doctor 2 choices. Come in now and call the patient, apologize and start the session or stay outside and the next session is a free one. She chose to come inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment