About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Grandchildren

Every morning when I write this blog, I look at a picture of my oldest granddaughter. It is a life size picture of her face. It is one of the best gifts I ever received. Staring into her beautiful face starts my day off right. When things are good I share my thoughts with her. When things are not so good, I vent my feelings to her. I do not think that my son and daughter in law knew how much this picture would mean to me when they sent it. To them it was a picture. To me, it is a daily connection to a girl that I love with all my heart. It is hard to explain how I feel about my grandchildren. I thought that I could not love anyone on earth more than my two sons. I did not think that the heart was capable of that. When my grandchildren were born, the concept of love moved to a higher level. I cannot describe it. I have pictures of my three grandchildren in almost every room of my house and I look into their captivating faces every time I walk past them. They brighten my day, each and every time. I look forward to my youngest granddaughter getting a bit older so we can talk on Skype like I do with her big sister. Many times during the year they send me art projects. Each one is displayed until the next one arrives and then they are placed into a scrapbook. It is these little gestures that make such a big difference when children live out of town. Although my "girls" live in another state, I feel such a strong bond with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment