About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

One Percent

One percent seems like a small number but a lot can depend on that one percent. Yesterday one of my doctors told me that she gave notice and was leaving the practice. I was shocked. She had been with us for four years and was a wonderful therapist. She had a funny way about her that got the patients to change their destructive ways. Her laugh was the best one I ever heard. She was the office baker and made wonderful cheesecakes for everyone's birthdays. Her contract was up and she asked for a one percent raise. It was denied. She gave her notice. I understand that if she got a one percent raise, the other doctors would ask for the same when their contracts were over and my boss did not want to set a precedent. Losing this doctor is a big loss not only for her patients, but for her coworkers. I am sad to see her leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment