About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, February 6, 2017

Standing Up

There is a saying, "If you stand up for nothing, you will fall for everything". I always believed that a person needs to stand up for what is right. That is not always an easy thing to do, but in the long run it is better than complying with something you feel is wrong. I have instilled that in my children and I am very proud when I see the moral ethics that they have. Standing up is hard, but if you lie down and retreat you will be walked all over. That is far worse because it affects you and not the other people. Yesterday I received an email from my boss asking me to withhold information about a work matter. If I did that, it would have diminished my role as the manager. I wrote back to her refusing to do so and explained why. The email was in a pleasant but firm tone. This morning she responded by agreeing with my judgement. Had I not stood up for myself, there would have been a strain between us. Now there is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment