About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Email Reminder

As I get older, I am changing my outlook on life. I am adjusting how I interact with people. My family and friends are treated in the same manor, but my work associates are not. I decided that I will no longer coddle people that are capable of fending for themselves. I got an email the other day from my boss asking me to remind her that I need to get her mother a wheelchair when they fly to Turkey next month. There are a few things wrong with that request. Number one, why do I need to remind you? Number two, why can't you request the wheelchair on a ticket that you purchased? Number three, it is your mother, not mine.  Normally when she would walk into the office I would get her attention and refresh her memory on what she wanted me to do. Yesterday she walked in and I played dumb. If she cannot remember, neither will I. I sat all day waiting to see if she would come to me with her airline ticket and ask for my help. She did not. At some point in life, each person needs to be responsible for themselves. Yesterday even though she does not know it, I handed the torch to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment