About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

New Names

Names used to be clear. Jane was a girl and John was a boy. Now it is a free for all. Sometimes I do not know if a name is female or male and other times it looks like a parent took Scrabble letters, tossed them on a board and named their child whatever fell into place. Since I am interviewing potential job candidates, I am receiving many resumes. I have no idea if the applicant is a Man or woman. The job opening is best suited for a female, as most front desk receptionist jobs are,  but if a qualified male comes along I would hire him. Yesterday I called a person whose name sounded female, but a male answered the phone. I was a bit surprised although it did not really matter. I will be interviewing him today even though he has little office experience. I did not want to make it look like he was being overlooked due to gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment