About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, June 14, 2019

Judgement

My judgement was correct regarding my interview yesterday. I had 4 appointments and only two showed up. One young girl and one elderly woman. The young girl will probably be hired Monday if the next two interviews do not go well. I was correct in assessing the older woman. She arrived at my office on time and took about 5 minutes to close her umbrella and take off her coat. She was dressed in nice business attire. She filled out the application and handed it back to me to review. Her resume did not have the year she graduated college. The application did. She graduated Rutgers in 1959. If my math is correct, she would be about 82 years old. I knew she was not getting the job, but it is hard to sit across from someone and give them the respect they deserve while knowing they will be disappointed. We chatted for a bit and I reviewed her resume. Luckily she had no medical office experience. I told her that we needed someone who knew coding and medical terminology. She agreed and understood. The interview ended on a very pleasant note but I feel bad for her. She seemed lonely and just wanted to be in the working world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment